Business Meeting


In most cases developments are required to undertake some improvements to the local road network in the form of a new site access, junction improvements or new pedestrian / cycle facilities. These works are usually undertaken under Section 278 of the Highways Act. In some cases the Local Authority may require contributions to be set aside for new infrastructure, or a bus for example. This would normally be secured via a Section 106 agreement. We often take the lead in these negotiations with the decision makers at the Highway Authority in close consultation with our client team.